Someone to help you decide

If you need someone to help you make decisions about your living arrangements, there are different ways to get help and advice.

Richmond Council Adult Access Team
Address: Adult Social Services, Civic Centre, 44 York Street, Twickenham, TW1 3BZ
Phone: 020 8891 7971
Minicom: 18001 020 8891 7971

Community Partnership for Richmond, Kew, Ham, Petersham,Teddington or The Hamptons
Phone: 020 8831 6464

GoLocal for Sheen, Mortlake, Barnes, Twickenham or Whitton
Phone: 020 8973 1877

Getting someone to speak on your behalf

If you'd like someone to help represent you in situations that you don't feel confident in, they can speak on your behalf. This is called Advocacy.


Family and friends

Family and friends can be a good source of help and support when making decisions such as where to live. As well as being able to listen and provide advice, they may also be able to provide more practical help such as: 

  • Helping you conduct online research (particularly if you're not online yourself)
  • Visiting prospective places to live
  • Helping to manage your financial affairs.