Tell us your views

Whether you are happy with the quality of service you receive, or if you have an issue or complaint, you can always express your views and share experiences.

Comments, suggestions or compliments about Council services

The Council welcomes both positive and negative feedback about its services. If you would like to make a compliment, comment or suggestion you can make your suggestions on the Council's online form. 


What if you're unhappy with the outcome of my assessment?

If you’re unhappy with the process, your assessment, care and support plan or personal budget we want to hear about it as soon as possible. We recommend that you speak to your allocated worker in the first instance. If you can't come to an agreement, you can let us know in writing what you are unhappy about and why you think the process has been unfair or inaccurate. 

Once we have heard from you, we will look at your concerns and may contact you to discuss the issue. We will always respond to you in writing. If you are still not satisfied, you can use our complaints procedure. 

How to make a complaint

You may wish to make a complaint to the Council if you are dissatisfied with your experience regarding any of the below: 

  • Day centres
  • Home support
  • Short-term rehabilitation following discharge from hospital 
  • Occupational therapy, adaptations and equipment
  • Paying for care and support
  • Residential care
  • Respite care
  • Social work and social workers

In the first instance, the Council recommends speaking to your social worker. If the complaint is not resolved at this stage, you should then put your complaint in writing and contact:

Richmond Council Corporate Complaints
Address: Corporate Complaints Manager, Civic Centre, 44 York Street, Twickenham, TW1 3BZ
Phone: 020 8891 7971

Sharing views about care homes and care services 

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is responsible for regulating care homes and all regulated care services. You can share your experiences of care, both good and bad.


Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Address: Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA
Phone: 03000 616161
Fax: 03000 616171

Share your experiences of local health and social care services

Healthwatch Richmond is the consumer champion for health and social care in Richmond upon Thames. It gives the children, young people and adults a strong voice to influence how local health and social care services are designed and run, and has the power to hold providers of these services to account.

Healthwatch Richmond
Address: 82 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5QS
Phone: 0208 099 5335